When One Door Opens, Many More Follow...

One of the hardest things to do in life is to deal with change. There is that old saying, "When one door closes, another door opens." I wonder though, why does a door have to close for another to open. Why can't many doors open when someone decides to go through a new door? I am about to embark on a new professional journey in the coming weeks and I refuse to think that the building that I have helped to lead over the past 3 years is going to be a closed door. Instead, I can think of thousands of opportunities that have been opened because of my decision to walk through a new door.

I think of all of the people that have touched my life (students, staff, and parents) and I honestly don't see why a door has to close. Instead of that thinking, I choose to think that thousands of doors are opened now with all of the amazing people that I have had the opportunity to lead. The lessons that have been learned, the friendships that have developed, and the opportunities that await for all of us are infinite. So, when one door opens it doesn't mean that another one has to close. It should mean that we are growing and continuing to build our learning network and opportunities to expand our knowledge. I embrace my new adventure while always remembering the network of teachers and students that I leave behind. My learning is never complete and through those many new open doors, I know I will someday reach the summit.

Worth the Read...


Take a Moment to Self Reflect and Grow...

There is almost never a good time in life to make a change as an adult. Whether the change be large or small, it's always scary and filled with doubt. Take a moment to reflect on your first weeks of school and  challenge yourself to find one element of your own performance that you can change before it's too late this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Who's It About...

It's More Than Trees...

Congratulations Class of 2023...