Happy Mother's Day...


Each year, we deem the second Sunday of May, 'Mother's Day'. This day becomes a time to put the spotlight on our mothers and remember all of the wonderful things that they have done for us over the years, and appreciate the unconditional love that a mother provides. The reality is, and this phrase is used often, every day should be a version of Mother's Day. Our parents are more vital and instrumental in our lives than we could ever know. Unfortunately for some, by the time they are old enough to realize the value of their parents, it's too late. I could tell story after story of the things that I have personally witnessed mothers doing in the past 6 months and this blog would be an anthology. More than just the matriarch of a family structure, moms in today's society have become the most instrumental figure for the success of all of us. In many instances, going unnoticed or unrecognized for the sacrifices that they make for their families. Whether it be working 2-3 jobs to provide for their children or turning their vehicle into a charter bus for athletic weekends; we would not survive in this world without our mothers. One the greatest lessons that I learned from my mother, which was recently reinforced by my grandmother several years after her passing, is the importance of being happy in life. Life is tough and it rarely gets easier (at least until retirement and then hopefully it's easier). I have always tried to live life by the mantra that being happy is most important, because being happy leads to a healthier life. A few weeks ago during a conversation with my mother, we were remembering my grandmother and I inquired about how she always seemed so happy. My mother shared a tale with me about when my grandfather passed away, my grandmother had a choice to make, and not an easy one. She could be continuously depressed and sad, or she could find happiness. Her exact words were, "No one wants to be around someone who is miserable all the time, so if I want to keep spending time with my friends, then I need to be happy." Reflecting on my grandmother's message and thinking about how my mother now lives life, I can understand how both of these amazing women always laugh and smile. Life wasn't easy for my grandmother and certainly not easy for my mother having to raise me, but both have found a way to be happy and always smile; which has reflected on everyone around them. Regardless of the situation and stress, finding happiness is important my friends. Life is too short to dwell on negativity, and most don't want to be around it. Take some time to find happiness today, and most importantly, take time to celebrate your mother. Our moms are more instrumental in our lives than we know, the least we can do is make sure they know that we care before it's too late. And when the day is done, don't forget that every day should be about the mothers in our life. Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. I hope you have an amazing day!! 

Annual Election and Budget Vote

The district budget vote and annual election will be held this coming Tuesday, May 16, from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. For information regarding where to vote, please see our budget newsletter page at https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/2645/RCSD/2970803/RCSD_2023-24_Budget_newsletter_4.21.23__2.pdf.

2023-2024 Proposed Budget Information

The annual budget vote and district election is coming up on Tuesday, May 16. For more information on the proposed budget, please visit our budget page at https://www.romecsd.org/page/business-and-finance-budget, which includes information on the Board of Education candidates. There will also be a Budget Hearing video on our YouTube channel later this week, following the Public Hearing on Monday, May 8.

Job Fair 

On Wednesday, May 31, the RFA Counseling Department will be hosting a Job Fair at Rome Free Academy from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The fair include many local employers and is geared toward students leaving high school looking for employment and community members looking for employment. The time slot from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. is for RFA students only. 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. will be open to the public. For more information, please visit https://app.peachjar.com/flyers/2482082/districts/32521.

Early Dismissal - Calendar Reminder

All students in grades pre-K through 12 will have an early dismissal, half-day, on Friday, May 26 for the purposes of staff development in the afternoon. For more information, please contact your child's school directly.


Popular posts from this blog

Who's It About...

Congratulations Class of 2023...

Teacher Appreciation Week...